• Twelve-Step program approach: An outdated but long adopted, highly criticized approach where the patient is required to admit to drug addiction and form a community to gain strength to renounce the addiction. It has been criticized for over-emphasis on religious and spiritual beliefs and found to work best for alcohol, the less dangerous drug
• Cognitive Behavioral Counseling: It has been used in combination with medications to bring about a sense of calmness in the patient through techniques such as meditation and counseling, individual or in a group. It is highly risky to use this as a standalone drug rehab approach
• Maintenance treatments, in which opioid addictions are most effectively handled by replacing an illegal opioid, such as heroin by a lesser euphoric drug and longer acting such as methadone. This form of drug rehab, if provided correctly has proven to be the most effective in getting the patients to accomplish successful rehabilitation
Experience a program and tips about plan participants. Program standard guidance classes and utilize existing neighborhood counselors. Ask experts to obtain no cost continuous knowledge in-person as well as by means of online learning resources similar to join together. Org. Acquire organizing partners having place career training organizations, job businesses and doctors. Work with expert service from people who include successfully recoverable to be controlled by, and get in touch with, plan participants.
Challenges faced in drug rehab centers
The book, Inside Rehab narrates an eye-witness account of the treatment adopted in various drug rehab centers. While the compassion of the volunteers helping drug addicts combat the addiction is lauded, the horrifying methods adopted with best intentions include:
• Excessive reliance on outdated methods and adoption of one approach for multiple needs
• Excessive reliance on group therapy where patients are passive or forced to confess their clandestine activities resulting from addiction and humiliated
• Refusal to adopt modern, scientifically-proven methods of treatment
• While drug rehab centers are required, try too needing to change with times and adopt approaches that provide actual not mere place of rehabilitation.